Khushi Shah, June 2, 2022

Police recently learnt that loan sharks are pulling the strings from Nepal and the money extorted from the victims is routed to China.

The ministry of home affairs said ‘’On cross-border sharing of the information of the foreign-based companies, the officer said. All the countries in the world have signed a mutual legal assistance treaty (MLAT) to seek cross-border cooperation. To procure crucial data in the criminal matter, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) can make requests to foreign countries from where companies are offering cloud platforms to these lending apps.”

The lenders, through their recovery agents, have harassed multiple borrowers, and driven some of them to commit suicide.The Enforcement directorate is already probing a money laundering case against rogue loan app companies run by Chinese like Linkyun Technology Private Limited and Dokypay Technology Private Ltd. 

Companies have offered cloud platforms to the fraud loan apps and are also giving cloud storage for hosting them. Since these companies are overseas gathering data is difficult. This is why they decided to approach INTERPOL who can use its administrative capabilities for procuring the details of such companies, like the owner’s name, e-mail IDs, the person who did the registration, etc. At the same time Interpol does not have executive powers, so Interpol official do not arrest suspects or act without the approval of national authorities.

More than 1,800 online complaints related to the loan scam, and have been piling up since the lockdown. Hyderabad also received over 100 loan app fraud cases on the past month and revealed international hawala transactions and other illegal activities.1,268 crore and another Rs 120 crore outward foreign remittances. Around 1. 4 crore transactions worth Rs 21,000 crore over payment gateways and bank accounts have been linked to such cases.

8.9 C
New York

Canada Alleges Indian Government Links to Bishnoi Gang in Targeting Pro-Khalistani Elements

Published:

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) on Monday made startling claims that “agents of the Government of India” have been using criminal groups, specifically naming the Bishnoi gang, to target the South Asian community in Canada—particularly pro-Khalistani activists.

RCMP officials, Commissioner Mike Duheme and Deputy Commissioner Brigitte Gauvin, further alleged that certain Indian diplomatic staff have worked with organized crime elements to gather information on Canadian citizens. This intelligence, they claim, has been used by criminal organizations to carry out violent actions ranging from extortion to murder.

India has dismissed these allegations as “preposterous imputations,” with the Ministry of External Affairs rejecting the accusations made by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. New Delhi emphasized that despite numerous requests, Canada has failed to provide any evidence supporting these claims.

In addition to rejecting the accusations, India has criticized the expulsion of its High Commissioner, Sanjay Kumar Verma, and five other Indian diplomats, whom Canada labeled as “persons of interest” in the ongoing investigation. The allegations stem from a deepening diplomatic crisis that began with Ottawa’s claims last year of Indian involvement in the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a Canadian citizen.

Prime Minister Trudeau, during a press conference, doubled down on his government’s accusations, reinforcing the charges made by the RCMP. He stated that India had made a “fundamental error” in allegedly supporting criminal activities against Canadians.

These new allegations come at a time when Trudeau’s support is waning, as he narrowly survived a second parliamentary confidence vote ahead of the upcoming 2025 election

Related articles

spot_img

Recent articles

spot_img